NBC is now searching for aspiring female directors for their new program, NBC Female Forward.
NBC explains the initiative is “forges a path for female scripted series directors”.
About NBC’s Female Forward:
The program joins NBC’s robust diversity and inclusion initiatives that under the leadership of Salke’s lieutenant Karen Horne have discovered and developed diverse onscreen and behind-the-scenes talent including Jenny Hagel, Lil Rel Howery, Mindy Kaling, Sharat Raju and Alan Yang.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Identify as female
- Be able to legally work in the United States
- Have directing experience in their respective fields including, but not limited to feature films, music videos, commercials, digital content and theater
- Have no more than one scripted television directing credit to remain eligible
Submissions requirements are:
- One letter of recommendation from an advocate of the director who is not a talent representative. Letters of nomination will not be accepted from anyone who works for or with talent, specifically managers, agents, publicists and lawyers.
- Resume detailing directing experience
- Reel summarizing the director’s work
- Up to three completed samples of work
- Responses to two essay questions
- One additional letter of recommendation (optional)
To apply click here