NBC is now searching for aspiring female directors for their new program, NBC Female Forward.
NBC explains the initiative is “forges a path for female scripted series directors”.
About NBC’s Female Forward:
Female Forward will begin with the 2018-19 season on 10 NBC series with the intent of expanding the number of directors and shows in subsequent years.
The program joins NBC’s robust diversity and inclusion initiatives that under the leadership of Salke’s lieutenant Karen Horne have discovered and developed diverse onscreen and behind-the-scenes talent including Jenny Hagel, Lil Rel Howery, Mindy Kaling, Sharat Raju and Alan Yang.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Identify as female
- Be able to legally work in the United States
- Have directing experience in their respective fields including, but not limited to feature films, music videos, commercials, digital content and theater
- Have no more than one scripted television directing credit to remain eligible
Submissions requirements are:
- One letter of recommendation from an advocate of the director who is not a talent representative. Letters of nomination will not be accepted from anyone who works for or with talent, specifically managers, agents, publicists and lawyers.
- Resume detailing directing experience
- Reel summarizing the director’s work
- Up to three completed samples of work
- Responses to two essay questions
- One additional letter of recommendation (optional)
To apply click here