Are you looking for some new acting classes?
What if I told you that NBC will pay for your acting classes. That’s right – NBC has sponsored this year’s Groundlings Diversity Scholarship and those selected and granted a full scholarship will be able to take acting classes at the world renowned Groundlings theater and school in Los Angeles, California.
What is Groundlings?
Groundlings is an improvisation and sketch comedy theatre in LA, which has been entertaining audiences for over 40 years. As a non-profit organization founded by Gary Austin in 1975, Groundling is a company of 30 members who write and perform in the theater’s shows and teach classes at the Groundlings School.
The school is known as the training comedy ground in Hollywood and has helped launched dozens of careers including:
- Will Ferrell
- Kristen Wiig
- Lisa Kudrow
- Kathy Griffin
- and many more
By what criteria are applications reviewed?
The Groundlings School is actively seeking to increase its population of racially/ethnically diverse students. With that in mind, applications are reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Does the applicant attempt to thoughtfully and fully answer each question?
- Do they state clear goals?
- Do they convey a sincere desire to train at The Groundlings?
- Do they articulate why they want to train at The Groundlings?
- Do they demonstrate an understanding or appreciation for improv, especially at the Groundlings?
- Do they speak from a perspective or point of view that is unique to them?
For more information click here. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 28th.
If you are not local and/or do not fit the description, do not apply