CBS is now looking for aspiring writers to join their 2018 mentorship program.
For over the past decade, over 100 diverse writers have graduated from the CBS Writers Mentoring Program. 61 careers have been launched with the goal of the program to positively impact the presence of diversity in Hollywood
There are many different paths writers can follow to get their first foothold in being hired in television. As part of its ongoing commitment to create additional access for writers of diverse backgrounds CBS’ Diversity Institute has launched a different kind of writers program which highlights one of those paths.
The focus of this eight month program is on opening doors: providing opportunities to build relationships with network executives and show runners; to support new and emerging writers in their efforts to improve their craft; and to develop the interpersonal skills necessary to break in and succeed.
The Writers Mentoring Program is not employment and there is no monetary compensation. It is, instead, a structured program of career development, support, and personal access to executives and the decision-making processes, with the goal of preparing aspiring writers for later employment opportunities in television. Each participant will be teamed with an executive mentor.
A CBS network or studio executive with whom they will meet on a regular basis, to discuss their work, get creative feedback on their material and get advice and support in furthering their career.
How to apply:
Application Materials ~
Each submission must be complete in order to be considered. A complete application packet includes:
- Letter of Interest
- Work Resume or Bio
- Two (2) Writing Samples: one (1) half-hour or one-hour episodic spec script based on a current prime time television series which aired, or was released, during the 2017/2018 season on any network or cable channel, including Netflix, Hulu or Amazon and (1) original work of writing – (original pilot, stage play or short fiction story). Original material should match in tone the spec script.
- A signed Submission Release form for the writing samples.
Please submit all documentation in PDF form.
Contact information must include an e-mail address for further communication from CBS. Applications cannot be processed until they are complete. Writing samples will not be returned.
Apply for the 2018 -2019 Writers Mentoring
Program: To apply click here.
- Major Casting Director Says Diversity in Hollywood is Changing
- ‘Black Panther’s Chadwick Boseman Shares Amazing Tips for Aspiring Actors
- This Dream Job Will Pay You To Travel and Party In Europe For 3 Months