Following reports that Star Wars: Episode IX director, Colin Trevorrow, dropped out of the project, J.J. Abrams is set to replace the filmmaker on the upcoming Star Wars sequel.

According to reports, The Force Awakens director will step in to direct Star Wars: Episode IX after the exit of former director, Colin Trevorrow.

“With The Force Awakens, J.J. delivered everything we could have possibly hoped for, and I am so excited that he is coming back to close out this trilogy,” said Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy in a statement.

Trevorrow dropped out of the project earlier this month. That said, Abrams will co-write the movie with Chris Terrio. It is important to understand the impact Abrams has had on the reboot of the Star Wars film franchise. His work on the 2015 Force Awakens revitalized the Star Wars franchise, which earned over $2 billion around the world.

The Hollywood Reporter reports Trevorrow left the project after issues with the script. Eventually, his relationship with Kathleen Kennedy had become “unmanageable.”

In their Sept. 5 statement, Lucasfilm and Disney said, “Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX. Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process, but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon.”

This is the third time a director has been replaced on a Star Wars project. Phil Lord and Chris Miller were taken off the Han Solo movie with only a few weeks in production and later replaced by Ron Howard.