Here are 14 Hollywood actors that changed their names in order to make it in Hollywood.
Breaking into show business can be a difficult process for anyone, and surely if there’s one thing an aspiring actor should be aiming to do is to make sure that a casting director remembers their name. But, while celebrities are born with names that are easily to remember, others have to do a little tweaking in order to create the stage name that everyone remembers.
Take a look at 14 celebrities whose stage names and birth names are completely different:
1. Vin Diesel (Mark Sinclair Vincent)
2. Natalie Portman (Neta-Lee Hershlag)
3. Brad Pitt (William Bradley Pitt)
4. Nicolas Cage (Nicolas Kim Coppola)
5. Charlie Sheen (Carlos Irwin Estevez)
6. Miley Ray Cyrus (Destiny Hope Cyrus)
7. Nina Dobrev (Nikonlina Konstantinova Dobreva)
8. Jodie Foster (Alicia Christian Foster)
9. Helen Mirren (Ilyena Lydia Mironov)
10. Elizabeth Banks (Elizabeth Mitchell)
11. Lea Michelle (Lea Michele Sarfati)
12. Emma Stone (Emily Jean Stone)
13. Paul Wesley (Pawel Tomasz Wasilewski)
14. Jennifer Aniston (Jennifer Linn Anastassakis)
Related Hollywood facts:
What do you think? Are you surprised? Share with us your thoughts in the comments below!