Can you imagine hosting your own TV show? If so, then this NBC workshop is for you.
NBCUniversal Talent Infusion Program is partnering with the American Black Film Festival to produce their 4th Annual Hosting Workshop 2018 in Los Angeles, California.
According to the workshop, “This workshop is designed to cultivate & discover exceptional host talent. Taught by premiere host instructor, Marki Costello, this three day workshop is targeted for intermediate and advanced level hosts who want to sharpen their hosting skills and techniques! The workshop will also focus on the Social Digital Interaction of Media.”
The workshop will focus on re-inventing your brand, enhance your on-camera performance, reading and writing copy, strengthen co-hosting, teleprompter, and auditioning skills Also, you will learn tips for your career and from keynote speakers.
Following the workshop, NBC is offering the following opportunities:
Top Select Participant(s):
- Receive the opportunity to conduct media and/or celebrity interviews during the ABFF 2018
- Will receive one (1) festival credential and airfare to the ABFF
- Meet with NBCUniversal Talent Executives
HOW TO APPLY
- Select TWO host scripts to perform and videotape: click to download
- Click on and complete the Hosting Workshop Application to upload your host reel and self-taped video entry according to the provided instructions.
- Applicants MUST also submit a reel of their previous host work (previous host experience may include, but not limited to: digital, TV and live events).
- DAY 1 – Friday, April 20th (9am – 4pm)
- DAY 2 – Saturday, April 21st (9am – 4pm)
- DAY 3 – Sunday, April 22th (9am – 1pm)
- Applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age, and permanent, legal United States residents.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the workshop for all three scheduled days in Los Angeles.
- Applicants must be able to provide their own housing and transportation to Los Angeles for the duration of the workshop. (NOTE: You do not need to be based in Los Angeles to be considered)
- Submissions Open: November 20, 2017
- Submissions Deadline: March 8, 2018
- Notify Participants By: March 22, 2018