The search is on to fill several lead roles with Austin-area high school students for the upcoming Paramount Pictures film “Men, Women and Children.”
Filmmaker Jason Reitman from “Juno,” “Up in the Air,” and “Thank You For Smoking” is expected to begin shooting the movie in Austin, Texas in December with a cast that already includes Adam Sandler, Jennifer Garner and Rosemarie DeWitt.
This upcoming feature film will be Jason Reitman’s adaptation of the Chad Kutgen’s novel, “Men, Women and Children”.
According to Amazon, the book centers on conflicted junior-high students and their equally dysfunctional parents. From porn-surfing fathers to World of Warcraft-obsessed sons, from competitive cheerleaders to their dissatisfied, misguided mothers, Kultgen clicks open the emotionally treacherous culture in which we live—in his most ambitious and surprising book yet.
So expect to see a modern exploration of love and family values in Reitman’s latest project.
Casting agents are looking to fill six roles with real high school students. Texas agency Vicky Boone Casting lists the following roles available with an open casting call set for Saturday at Austin Studios.
- • TIM: Age 15-17; Caucasian or Hispanic. Tall and athletic. Ideally over 6’2″ tall with broad shoulders. He is the star of the football team.
- • DANNY: Age 15-17; African-American. Quarterback of the JV football team.
- • BRANDY: Age 15-17; Any ethnicity. A non-traditional beauty. She is smart, witty and thoughtful.
- • BROOKE: Age 15-17; Caucasian. Cheerleading captain and perfect looking.
- • RORY: Age 15 -17; Any ethnicity. Likeable, male cheerleader, spotter.
- • BRANDON: Age 16-18; Any ethnicity. Older, unsympathetic jock.
The open casting call is Saturday, October 19 from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Red Building at Austin Studios, 1901 E 51st Street.
Casting agents said while it’s not required people can email a picture in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org, and applicants will be seen on a first-come, first-seen basis.