The director of The Purge is holding an open casting for actors to appear in a new ‘80s teen movie.
According to reports, James DeMonaco, the creator of the hit Purge film franchise is looking for talented aspiring actors to star in his new movie, set to start filming this month.
Blumhouse Productions is now casting talent for the upcoming feature film The Night. Details for the upcoming movie have not been released. However, reports suggest the movie centers around three friends in the early ‘80s during an adventure filled night in Staten Island, New York.
Producers are seeking the following types:
- “A very average kid. Not a super nerd, but also not super cool. Anthony is living with his family on Staten Island in 1982. He’s not the type to rock the boat or stand up for himself, but on this night, he embarks on a quest that pushes his boundaries and challenges him to be the strong and brave kid he has never been.”
- “a male actor, aged 14-18 — Italian American.”
- “a human bulldog.”
- He is “best friends with Anthony, and happily joins him on his quest.”
- Albie and his family are Staten Island natives.
- All talents “should have a New York or East Coast feel. An authentic accent is a plus, but not required.”
To submit for these roles, email your photo, age and contact info to thenightNYcasting@gmail.com.
- ‘The Purge: TV Series’ Open Casting Call
- Need a Job? ‘The Purge: TV Series’ is Now Hiring